Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bizcuits.

It's a Southern thang - ya know?
Nashville is the home of the world's best biscuit (at The Loveless Cafe), but unfortunately that's like 30 minutes away from where I live so I just don't have time to eat those biscuits whenever I'd like.  So I thought I'd try to make my own.  I tried a couple of recipes, but these are the ones I like the best:

You'll need:
1 1/3 c. flour
2 T. sugar
3 t. baking powder
a dash of salt
5 T. cold butter cut into pieces
1/2 c. milk

Preheat your oven to 425 and grease a baking sheet.
Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl so your biscuits will be nice and fluffy
Cut in the butter with a pastry blender (or crumble it together with your hands) until the mixture makes course crumbs.
Pour in the milk, stirring with a fork as you go, and soon a soft dough will form.
Roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick and cut circles into it, either with a cookie cutter or a knife.
Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy with butter or jam or even mixed fruit and whipped cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment