Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Apple and Brie Panini

I recently found out that my mom has this panini maker she never uses.  It's so cute (light green and for the stovetop), so I decided I had to find a reason to use it.  What I came up with turned out DELICIOUS, so I thought I'd let you all in on the recipe!  It's inspired by the Fideaux sandwich at Fido in Nashville, TN.

What you'll need:
Some kind of bread (I used a multi-grain for health's sake, but Italian would be delicious)
a Fuji apple
Brie cheese
apple butter (can use homemade or buy, next to apple sauce at the grocery store with jams + jellies)
butter

Spread apple butter on one side of each slice and regular butter on the outsides.  Thinly slice your apple and put those on top of the apple-buttered side of one of the slices.  Place thin slices of the brie on top (or spread it if it's the spreadable kind).  Put the top of the sandwich on, and once that's done place it in the panini maker!  (Could do stovetop too, like a grilled cheese).  Flip after just a minute or two and let it crisp up (you want the cheese to be melty).

Then... enjoy!




I forgot to take a picture of the final result until I had already eaten half!  Whoops! Yum :)


No comments:

Post a Comment