Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blueberry Streusel Bread

I went to the lake over the 4th and we had a lot of guests at our lake house, so I thought I'd lighten the load on my mom a little and bring down a little something to munch on for breakfast.  This is what I came up with, and it was a HIT.  Enjoy!

You'll need:
a square baking dish (8x8 or 9x9)
4 T. butter at room temp
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg at room temp
1/2 c. milk
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 cup fresh blueberries
(and for the crumble topping:)
1/2 c. of sugar
1/2 c. flour (ish)
1/2 t. cinnamon
4 T. butter cut into small pieces

Preheat your oven to 375 F.  Grease your baking dish.
Cream the butter with sugar until nice and light.  Add in your egg and beat it.
This is after I added the milk, before the dry ingredients.  I thought it looked weird, so I wanted to assure you all that it should!
Mix in the milk until blended and, and then add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) and stir to blend.  Add in your blueberries, and stir to distribute.
Pour all that into your baking dish and then even it out at least a little bit.
To make the topping, but the topping ingredients into the bowl.  I started with about 1/3 c. of flour and added more in until the consistency was right: you'll need to sort of knead the ingredients together with your hands until it starts becoming more crumbly.
Once you've gotten a good consistency, spoon the topping over your batter.
Stick it in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until you can stick a knife (or fork or toothpick or cake tester if you're really fancy) into the middle and it comes out clean.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment